Thursday, March 22, 2012

Connected!

Last night was a phenomenal session of Connect. It seemed like everyone in the room had something good to offer to the discussion. I had been away from Connect for a few weeks and was excited to be back!

In the sanctuary, I led a discussion on movement towards your victory entitled, "Run for it!" We looked at what the bible says about running. What it means to run naturally and spiritually and how the principles of running can help us to advance towards our destiny.

We talked about how there are some things we need to run to and some things we need to run from. I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Here are some questions you could answer - answer one or answer them all - it's up to you!

  • What kind of a race are you in? 
  • How can you train to be ready to run?
  • What happens if you stop running?
  • How can running connect you to your victory? 
  • Who is your competition in this race?
  • Where is the finish line? 
  • What happens if you win the race? 
  • What are you running to?
  • What are you running from?
  • What kinds of things prevent you, or try to prevent you, from running?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you! 

3 comments:

  1. The race I believe I am in is one to fulfill my purpose and destiny in Christ. As for training, I have to allow God to guide and coach me in cultivating the investments He placed in me so that I am in optimal shape. Usually when I stop or even slow down, I find it difficult to start or build my momentum back. I can connect with my victory by following the example of the woman with the issue of blood by doing whatever is necessary in order to be connected to Jesus to complete me all that is required of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bro. Terrance! Great to hear from you on the subject!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Philippians 3:13-16
    New International Version (NIV)

    13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

    Now this scripture sums up what I am running from and what I am running to! The things of my past have a tendency to reach out to my present and attempt to pull me backwards, but Paul reminds me to forget about those things. I have to get away from my PAST by moving PAST it! And I'm not taking my time either...I'm running! I'm running past my past bound for my destiny, my expected end, my prize!! But I'm grateful for my past because it trained me for my present, and my present experiences are preparing me for my future victories! I thank God for preparation because it sets the table for triumph. God already let me know that when I run the race that He has set before me, Victory is inevitable!

    ReplyDelete