Thursday, August 7, 2014

Handling the Father's business

Luke 2:49-50New King James Version (NKJV)

49 And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?”50 But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.

The past two years have been a flurry of activity for me. I enrolled in an intense MBA program hoping to gain business skills that would benefit our church as well as myself personally. After about a half a year in the program, we welcomed our first child, Kayden, to the world. In the midst of all of that, I received a promotion at work that came with more duties. In addition, I had the joy of preparing and/or performing marriages or vow renewals for around 10 couples. All in all it has been a wild ride and there have been times during the journey that I haven't been able to be fully present at Victory Life.

I just want to take this time to say, thank you for sticking with the ministry and the vision during this transitional time. I strongly feel that we are now on the verge of a great breakthrough for the ministry and the sacrifice we have all made over the past two years is about to be rewarded. 

I have come away from the program with new tools to apply to the ministry that will assist us on the business management side and will help facilitate the actualization of the vision that is set before us. 

We are going to do ministry business better. We will continue to grow in our understanding of the needs of the various market segments in our target markets and we will strengthen our activity fits and make sure that the activity fits are aligned with the vision, mission, and BHAG of the ministry. It makes many uncomfortable, but the truth of the matter is that church is business; it is the Father's business. I want to encourage those on board with the vision of Victory Life to be about the Father's business; commit to serving the Lord through the ministry in excellence and be on-point with your ministry activities. I appreciate all that each of you do to actualize the vision of Victory Life. Let's be about the Father's business together!

No comments:

Post a Comment