Monday, August 26, 2013

Not so random acts of kindness

August has been an incredible month! Our focus has been on outreach and on impacting our neighbors close by and around the world. Whether visiting the local nursing home to spend some time with residents, giving an encouraging word and sharing songs or sending ties to South Africa, or Rock(ing) the Block - providing school supplies, food, fun, inflatables, worship bands and more to our community free of charge, or giving away money to the community, we have enjoyed being a blessing to our neighbors with not-so-random acts of kindness! We are blessed to be a blessing and I'm so blessed to be surrounded by people who are willing to take church outside of the 4 walls! The Overcomers of Victory Life Christian Ministries are amazing - they don't flinch at the challenges presented to them and they give 100% to make sure that God is pleased and that the Victory Life vision is actualized! Now, we move into September - what has impacted you during Outreach month and how do you plan to continue the not-so-random acts of kindness in your own life?

3 comments:

  1. It has been a very inspiring and empowering experience simply being kind and giving to others...for no reason at all! It feels good to reach out to those who least expect to be reached. Their reactions are priceless! So, how have I continued the not-so-random acts of kindness? My fiancé and I heard about a woman who could not afford to buy her children school supplies. He immediately decided that he was going to do something about it. I agreed. We purchased school supplies for her 3 children and a friend of ours delivered it to her at her job! She was absolutely surprised and very grateful. We were blessed to be a blessing especially to people who honestly need the help. I'm thankful for outreach month and all of the not-so-random acts of kindness we did- it's becoming contagious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Keep up the good work. This could be the start of something BIG!

      Can't wait to hear more of the continued impact and how we as a church and you as a Christian keep living out the not-so-random acts of kindness model of living!

      Delete
  2. August was an amazing, uplifting, gospel spreading month! I enjoyed going to the nursing home to sing and fellowship with the residents (though I cannot sing- haha) but most of all I loved Rock the Block!! I had too much fun volunteering with my fellow Overcomers! The great thing about Rock the Block was it was all free for the neighborhood and we gave school supplies out!

    What has impacted you during Outreach month? The experience to me was the impact because I was able to see and feel the joy. How do you plan to continue the not-so-random acts of kindness in your own life? As my fiancé said above a I heard of a woman who could not afford to purchase school supplies for her family. I felt pulled to try and help because years ago my family was in the same boat. It was a blessing to be a blessing and I am grateful for the teaching and leading I am getting at Victory Life!!

    ReplyDelete