Thursday, December 2, 2010

Service 100

This Sunday will be our 100th Sunday service. It's amazing to me how quickly time flies. It has been a great ride! God has blessed me to pastor a phenomenal group of individuals who have grown 2gether into a wonderful family of brothers and sisters. Now, we are quickly approaching the end of the 2nd year and I am excited about what is ahead. We're preparing for our two year anniversary celebration which will be entitled Affirm 2011.

I'm excited about 2011 - it's a year when God will Affirm the ministry and the Overcomers. To Affirm is to further confirm His plan - to further establish us - to strengthen us - to release new facts to us - to show the world that we're the truth - to say yes to - to show agreement - to verify - to answer positively - to support - to encourage! Whew - I'm getting excited just thinking about this. I don't know if you all are ready for what God is about to do...

But, here we are still in 2010 - in the season of Growth. The Growth is not over yet - He's still growing us, maturing us, taking us higher, making us stronger. We've got one last month - ready, set, let's grow!

6 comments:

  1. As u think about 2011 being a year where God will Affirm V-Life and those associated w/ the ministry - how are u expecting, believing, hoping for God to AFFIRM the ministry and yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor I honestly don't know what to expect. After the past two years I expect God to show up in any way, shape or form in my life and in the ministry. I've learned not to put God in a box and I am trying to keep that same mindset when it comes to my expectations of his affirmation on my life and for VLIFE. Whatever God is about to do He is going to do it BIG because MY GOD IS BIG...SO STRONG...AND SOOOOOO MIGHTY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am expecting the great!! A great move of God, a great Word from God, a great manifestation of God, a great outpouring of God, and a great performance from God!! Great is His name, so I'm just expecting Him! In 2010, He has caused us to grow stronger in Him, giving us appetizers of what's to come. First He seized our atTENtion. Through our growth He began to develope us to become what He inTENded us to be. Anew inTENsified His power within us. And now He is getting ready to exTENd our territory! I'm ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, you better go ahead and preach! I love how you highlighted the "TEN." 2010, which is our season of Growth, has been preparing us for the next level. Ten is where numeration begins ANEW, brand new, on a whole new level! He prepared us and we are here on that next level.

    I feel like we are set and ready for what's next! I'm looking forward to whatever God has in store for us in 2011! What ever it is WE ARE READY! Nothing like flowing with God and his timing. If we are positioned correctly, if our mindsets are right then we are in a state to receive what He wants to pour out....I like how the word says he will POUR out the blessings...Not sprinkle, not dab, but POUR!

    I feel like T.D. Jakes....GET READY, GET READY, GET READY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Sis. Jessica - and Lady C - you are so right! He's going to blow our minds in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an exciting time to be a part of the things that God is doing for our community through Victory Life. It's hard not to feel like the best is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete