Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seeing your growth

As a pastor, I must say that the past two weeks have been amazing to me, as we have witnessed some firsts in our midst. It has been amazing to see the abilities of Overcomers manifest in our midst. Last Sunday, Bro. Cedric surprised many of you as he demonstrated his talent with spoken word as Sis. Tracey showcased her vocal abilities... This Sunday, Minister Darius demonstrated his ability to deliver the Word of God with accuracy and power, full of charisma and thought-provoking insights. God has strategically planted gifts in our midst for His glory. I have seen several of you demonstrate abilities in many areas including, finance/bookkeeping, music, working with children, event planning, food preparation, hospitality and greeting, teaching, running sound, handling technology, putting things together, praying, believing, and so much more. It is amazing to sit back and watch your growth as individuals and our growth as a church. This year has certainly been an exciting season of growth in our personal lives and as a group. I'm excited about how we have grown together as a church family. My questions for you today are these: 1. What skills do you have that we're sleeping on? 2. What are you waiting for to use them?

5 comments:

  1. Pastor, I must say that I have been challenged this year to operate in gifts I never knew I had! I can testify that I have been winning, growing, and being strong in every aspect of my life. I'm starting to turn ideas into realities!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! I have seen the progress and it looks good on you! Resurrecting the buried talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I'm waiting for the right place, time, feeling, some type of sign. The list could go on......

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - Anita - just jump in - it's your season to do what God has prepared you for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate having a church home where we are able to express our abilities, use them and grow them for God's glory. Being able to do that makes me feel like I am a part of the church and a part of the ministry. I don't feel separated from the ministry or from the growth of the ministry. I feel that as the ministry grows I grow and as we all grow the ministry grows. I must admit that I never thought that I would EVER be as active in a ministry as I am now. Even in saying that, I never thought that being as active in a ministry would be so fulfilling. Also, I have never experienced this much growth in my life. I have grown spiritually and mentally and I feel that my gifts and talents are also being perfected as I serve God and His ministry at VLIFE! This ministry is serious and I hope that more people catch on to the vision that God has for this house. Don't sleep on VLIFE!

    ReplyDelete